The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE), in cooperation with the GE Foundation (USA), invites applications for the 2009/10 GE Foundation Scholars-Leaders Program open to qualified undergraduates who gain admission into Malaysian institutions of higher learning in the field of Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics at local universities.
The award is limited to students accepted to Universiti Malaya, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak and Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
The GE Foundation established the scholarship fund as part of its philanthropic activity to encourage and support outstanding talents in countries where General Electric has offices and factories. Applications from ALL ethnic groups are highly encouraged.
Nature Of Award
- Candidates accepted by a Malaysian institute of higher learning towards a bachelors degree as a first year student for the academic year 2009 will be considered for the award.
- This award is for candidates who will not be receiving any financial assistance from other organizations.
- Must be a Malaysian citizen majoring in Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics at local university. The award is limited to students accepted to Universiti Malaya, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak & Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
- Three awards will be given out under this program for the year 2009/2010.
- The scholarship amount is USD 2, 000 renewable up to 3 years, not including the first year of the degree program, based on certification of a continuing outstanding academic performance report received from the Dean of the university where enrolled.
- Address application to:
MACEE, GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders Program, 18th Floor, Menara Yaysan Tun Razak, 200, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.
Application forms can also be downloaded from here
- Application deadline is March 19, 2010, 4:30 p.m.
- All applicants need to have an e-mail account to receive updates on the scholarship.
- All decisions of MACEE’s Selection Committee are final.
Submit completed application in 15 in. x 10 in. envelope. Do not send original documents. Only certified true copies accepted.
- 6 applications (original + 5 copies).
- 6 copies of CERTIFIED Copies of relevant examination results (6 copies each).
- 6 copies of CERTIFIED Copies of LATEST Income Tax Notice of Assessment / EA form from both parents.
- Photograph attached to each of the 6 application forms.
- 6 copies of CERTIFIED copies of the following documents from the Malaysian institution of higher education that you will be attending.
a. Letter of Acceptance.
b. Officially issued statement of expenses for academic year 2009-2010.
- 6 copies of letters of reference (2 referees, preferably from a teacher or a professor). Letter of reference by parents, immediate family members or relatives of applicant are not acceptable.
- 6 copies of CERTIFIED School Leaving Certificate & Testimonials from the previous institution/school attended.
Application Instruction And Form
You can DOWNLOAD the application form (MS Word format) by clicking the link below.
The announcement and application form(218KB)
Need More Information?
Contact MACEE for more information on this scholarship:
MACEE 18th Floor, Menara Yaysan Tun Razak, 200, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur Telephone: 03-2166 8878 Fax: 03-2166 1878