The Honda Dreams Fund (HDF) aims to provide full and non-binding scholarships to 20 underprivileged, but determined students annually to pursue higher education or skills training. With 60 scholars today enrolled in the courses of their choice and taking the first step towards achieving their dreams, 20 more will soon be given this similar life-changing opportunity.
Honda believes that everyone deserves an opportunity and is focusing on the plight of the underprivileged youths in Malaysia who does not have the means or the funds to achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Since its inception, UNDP has been involved in the project to manage and oversee the awards of the scholarships. The organization will be working with an independent advisory panel comprising members from various NGOs in the screening and selection processes.
The Honda Dreams Fund covers tertiary education/skills training fees and provides allowances to meet living expenses for the duration of their courses. Deserving candidates can choose any courses of their choice in any institution in Malaysia.
Entry requirements and eligibility for Honda Dreams Fund:
- It is open to Malaysians aged between 17 – 24 years of age
- Have at least completed and passed the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) examination. (especially for candidates wishing to pursue forma tertiary education in local universities/institutes of higher learning)
- Have a combined household income of less than RM1,500 per month
- Medically fit
- Not on bond or holding any other scholarship or receiving financial aid from other organizations.
How To Apply
- Complete an application form. Download English Form or Bahasa Melayu Form
- To write an essay on your aspirations in realizing your dreams in not more than 500 words. “Honda Dreams Fund is the opportunity I have been waiting for to realise my dreams. Since I was young, I have always aspired to be . . . .”
- Required documents (photocopy);
- Certified true copy of Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) and/or Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM)
- School leaving certificate (if any)
- Other qualifications (if any)
- Testimonial / referees from schools / NGO / Homes)
- EA Form / J Form or any other form that verifies income (if any)
- Send all the above to;
Honda Dreams Fund,
Human Resource Development through Education and Training for Malaysia Youth Project,
P.O. Box 12544,
50782 Kuala Lumpur or
email: firstname.lastname@example.org including relevent attachments.
- Submission of applications OR
- Video application applications taken during HDF road shows
- Screening of Applications
- Shortlisted Candidates Chosen for HDF Workshop
- HDF Workshop
- Interview Sessions With Shortlisted Candidates
- Final 20 HDF Scholars Chosen
Application deadline by 5:00pm, 31st March 2009.
Please refer to Honda Dreams Fund website for more information.