If you want to join a team of passionate, energetic and dynamics individuals who are shaping and influencing the future of Sime Darby, you should consider applying for a scholarship. Yayasan Sime Darby sponsor promising young talent wishing to pursue their academic dreams in local universities.
This scholarship programme applies to high-flying, well-rounded candidates who wish to pursue undergraduate studies.
Sime Darby invites students who have completed or in the final semester of their local matriculation diploma programme or applied to selected public and private universities in Malaysia to apply for this education sponsorship to pursue full-time undergraduate studies.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and potential
- Actively involved in extra-curricular activities and sporting events
- Candidates with at least a conditional offer from universities as specified by Yayasan Sime Darby will be given FIRST priority. Scholarship will only be effective upon receiving firm offer.
- STPM (CGPA of at least 3.5)
- Local Matriculation / Diploma (CGPA of at least 3.5)
- Individual pursuing their first or second year undergraduate studies must have latest CGPA of at least 3.5
Note: Previous academic achievements will be taken into consideration.
Fields of Study
Scholarship will be offered to individual pursuing the following fields of study:
- Business : Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Economics and Finance, Law
- Engineering and Technology : Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Computer, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Sciences : Agriculture, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Plantations Technology, Plantation Management
- Medical and Allied Health Science : Medicine (MBBS), Pharmacy, Nursing, Dietetics, Radiation Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, Medical Physics, Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
The sponsorship covers the following:
- Full tuition and academic fees
- Living allowance
- Book and equipment allowance
- Computer allowance (one-off)
Recipients of scholarship will have the opportunity to undergo Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internship within the Sime Darby Group of Companies.
Accepted Local Universities
The scholarship is open to applicants looking to study in the following academic institutions:
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Monash University (Malaysia Campus)
Please note that as Yayasan Sime Darby only accept online applications, it is important that the application steps are completed correctly in order for them to receive your submission. Please be aware that under certain conditions (slow or intermittent internet connection, peak usage hours), their website may return error messages. In the case of power outage during your application, you may have to refill and resubmit the online form.
- Please refer to Sime Darby Scholarships for more information.
- Please refer to the FAQ before submitting your online enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read the scholarship application manual before proceed to online application.
- Application deadline is 21 September 2009