If you want to join a team of passionate, energetic and dynamics individuals who are shaping and influencing the future of Sime Darby, you should consider applying for a scholarship from them. Yayasan Sime Darby sponsor promising young talent wishing to pursue their academic dreams in local or overseas universities.
This Postgraduate Scholarship Programme applies to high-flying, well-rounded candidates who wish to pursue postgraduate studies overseas.
- Malaysian citizen only
- Possess at least 3 years of working experience
- Strong leadership qualities, outstanding interpersonal skills and active in social and voluntary activities
Minimum Academic Achievement
- Obtained a Second Class Upper (Honours) for Bachelor’s Degree (applicable for Master’s Degree)
- Obtained a distinction or ‘A’ grade average or equivalent (if there is a point system) for Master’s Degree (applicable for Doctorate Degree)
- Postgraduate students who are currently pursuing Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree (PhD) at top-notch overseas universities are also eligible to apply
- Priority will be given to those who have obtained admission into top-notch overseas universities
- Previous academic achievements will be taken into consideration.
Field of Study
Interested candidates must apply for postgraduate programmes which are relevant and will add value to Sime Darby core businesses.
Value of Scholarship
The sponsorship covers the following:
- Full tuition and academic fees
- Living allowance
- Book and equipment allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Computer allowance (one-off)
- Settling-in-allowance (one-off)
- Clothing allowance (one-off)
- Student visa and passport
- Shipping allowance (one-off at the end of course)
- Flight allowance (at the beginning and end of course)
- Insurance coverage (if applicable)
Service Bond Period
On completion of their studies, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Group of Companies for 3 to 6 years, depending on the duration and value of the award.
- Interested candidates should submit scholarship application form along with the following required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Certified copy of Bachelor Degree’s / Master’s Degree’s results
- One page of Abstract / Executive Summary of your proposed research paper / thesis to be conducted for your Master’s or Doctorate’s Degree.
- Please mail your scholarship application to the following address by stating “YSD Postgraduate Scholarship” on the upper left hand of the envelope:
Yayasan Sime Darby
13th Floor, Wisma Sime Darby
Jalan Raja Laut, 50350
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
The closing date for Postgraduate Scholarship Programme application is on 16 April 2010, 5:00 pm.
- For further enquiries, please call 03 2691 4122 ext: 2284 / 2367 / 2136 or Fax: 03 2698 7468 or e-mail at email@example.com
- Please visit Sime Darby Scholarships For Malaysia for more details.