Sime Darby invites qualified Malaysian citizens to apply for education sponsorship to pursue full-time foundation studies at recognized universities or private colleges in Malaysia.
Yayasan Sime Darby scholarship will be offered to well-rounded Malaysian candidates who have attained excellent academic achievement, who demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and potential and who devote time to make an impact to the community through their extra-curricular activities.
Recipients of this scholarship will be sponsored to pursue foundation studies to prepare themselves for undergraduate admission at top overseas universities in Australia, Canada, Singapore, United Kingdom and United States.
Pre-university scholars would be given priority for Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Program overseas or locally to pursue their degree if they meet the qualifying criteria upon completion of their foundation studies. The continuation of the degree programme is at the discretion of Sime Darby.
This Pre-University Scholarship Programme applies to high-flying, well-rounded candidates who wish to pursue pre-university studies locally. Students who have recently completed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) may apply.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and potential
- Actively involved in extra-curricular activities and sporting events
Minimum Academic Requirements
- SPM (minimum 7 As in subjects taken)
Fields of Study
Scholarship will be offered to individual pursuing the following fields of study:
- Business: Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Economics and Finance, Law
- Engineering and Technology: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Computer, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Sciences: Agriculture, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Plantations Technology, Plantation management
- Medical and Allied Health Science : Medicine (MBBS), Pharmacy, Nursing, Dietetics, Radiation Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, Medical Physics, Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
Value of Scholarship
The sponsorship covers the following:
- Full tuition and academic fees
- Living allowance (accommodation will be provided)
- Book and equipment allowance
- This scholarship programme will only consider online application.
- Application can be made through the Online Application Form
The closing date for Pre-University Scholarship Programme application is on 31 March 2010.
- Please visit Sime Darby Scholarships For Malaysia and Pre-University Scholarships FAQ for more details.
- For further enquiries, please contact Yayasan Sime Darby at 03 26914122 ext 2136/ 2284/ 2367/ 2278 or Fax: 03 26987468 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org