If you want to join a team of passionate, energetic and dynamics individuals who are shaping and influencing the future of Sime Darby, you should consider applying for a scholarship. Yayasan Sime Darby sponsor promising young talent wishing to pursue their academic dreams in local or overseas universities.
This Undergraduate Local Scholarship Programme applies to high-flying, well-rounded candidates who wish to pursue undergraduate studies locally. Students who have completed or in the final semester of their local matriculation diploma programme and applied to selected public and private universities in Malaysia may apply.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and potential
- Actively involved in extra-curricular activities and sporting events
- Candidates with at least a conditional offer from universities as specified by Yayasan Sime Darby will be given FIRST priority. Scholarship will only be effective upon receiving firm offer.
Minimum Academic Achievement
- STPM (Minimum 3A)
- Local Matriculation / Diploma (CGPA of at least 3.5)
- Individual pursuing their first or second year undergraduate studies must have latest CGPA of at least 3.5
- Previous academic achievements will be taken into consideration.
Fields of Study
Scholarship will be offered to individual pursuing the following fields of study:
- Business : Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Economics and Finance, Law
- Engineering and Technology : Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Computer, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Sciences : Agriculture, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Plantations Technology, Plantation management
- Medical and Allied Health Science : Medicine (MBBS), Pharmacy, Nursing, Dietetics, Radiation Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, Medical Physics, Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
Value of Scholarship
The sponsorship covers the following:
- Full tuition and academic fees
- Living allowance
- Book and equipment allowance
- Computer allowance (one-off)
Recipients of scholarship will have the opportunity to undergo Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internship within the Sime Darby Group of Companies.
The scholarship is open to applicants looking to study in the following academic institutions:
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Monash University (Malaysia Campus)
- This scholarship programme will only consider online application.
- Application can be made through the Online Application Form
The closing date for Undergraduate Local Scholarship Programme application is on 31 March 2010.
- Please visit Sime Darby Scholarships For Malaysia and Undergraduate Scholarships FAQ for more details.
- For further enquiries, please contact Yayasan Sime Darby at 03 26914122 ext 2136/ 2284/ 2367/ 2278 or Fax: 03 26987468 or email: email@example.com