The Khazanah Watan Scholarship is a prestigious award that offers opportunities for talented and high-achieving Malaysians to pursue Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies at selected leading local universities.
The aim of the Khazanah Watan Scholarship Programme is two-fold; to train Malaysia’s brightest talents to transform its GLCs into competitive business locally and internationally; and to encourage individuals with excellent academic credentials to lead and participate in research initiatives that will contribute to the advancement of the universities’ reputation in research and innovation.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is open to Citizens of Malaysia who will be applying to, or who have already secured a conditional or unconditional offer to admission into selected universities in Malaysia.
- Possess strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities.
- Applicants must have a consistent and outstanding academic achievement record.
Undergraduate Studies Conditions (Bachelor Degree)
- Not exceeding 21 years of age as at the enrolment date for the Scholarship programme.
- Obtained admission to pursue studies or currently in the first year of a Bachelor Degree programme at renowned selected universities in Malaysia
- Obtained a minimum of 3As and 1B for STPM or GCE A-Levels or a minimum CGPA 3.50 / 4.00 for Pre-University or Foundation or Matriculation Programme.
Master Degree Conditions
- Not exceeding 40 years of age as at the enrolment date for the Masters programme.
- Obtained admission to pursue studies at renowned selected universities in Malaysia (Conditional offer can be considered)
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum CGPA 3.50 / 4.00 or a Second Class Upper
- Not exceeding 40 years of age as at the enrolment date for the doctorate programme.
- Obtained admission to pursue studies or currently in the first year of aDoctoral Degree programme at renowned selected universities in Malaysia. (Conditional offer can be considered)
- Obtained a Master Degree with a distinction or a minimum CGPA 3.50 / 4.00 or ‘A’ grade average and/or excellent examiners’ report if the Master Degree is by research
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum CGPA 3.50 / 4.00 or Second Class upper or an ‘A’ grade average or equivalent
List of Selected Leading Malaysian Universities
The recipients of the Khazanah Watan Scholarship Programme will study at any one of the following leading Malaysian universities:
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Universiti Malaya
- Universiti Multimedia
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional
- All application must be made online at
- Only applicants who are short-listed will be notified.
- Applicant will receive 2 emails after you have created and submitted your online application; Email on the user id and password as well as email to notify the system has received your application.
- Only online submission of application forms will be entertained. If you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please call 03-2034 0169, 03-2034 0157 or 03-2034 4783.
- The closing date for Khazanah Watan Scholarship Programme application is 1 April 2012.
- If applicant did not receive any information by 11 April 2012, please consider your application is unsuccessful.
|1 April 2012||Closing Date|
|11 – 12 April 2012||1st stage : Reasoning Ability Test|
|23 – 26 April 2012||2nd : Competency Assessment & Interview|
|16 May 2012||3rd : Interview with Senior Management for Undergraduate|
|17 May 2012||3rd : Interview with Senior Management for Postgraduate|
- Please refer to Khazanah Nasional Scholarship Programme for more details about the scholarship.
- For inquiries please call 03 2034 0000 or email [email protected]