The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship provides financial sponsorship to Malaysians who plan to study for an undergraduate and postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge.
The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship, established in 2009, is jointly sponsored by Yayasan Khazanah, the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust and the Malaysian Commonwealth Studies Centre.
The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship is a leadership development programme that is aimed at building Malaysia’s future leadership talent. Recipients of this scholarship are expected to not only demonstrate academic excellence, but also develop their leadership skills through training and participation in a number of activities.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is open to Citizens of Malaysia who will be applying to, or who have already secured a conditional or unconditional offer to admission into the University of Cambridge
- Possess strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities.
- Applicants must have a consistent and outstanding academic achievement record.
Undergraduate Studies Conditions
- Below 20 years of age
- Must have an excellent academic track record, with an actual or predicted minimum of 3 As, or show evidence of excellent performance throughout their pre-university studies
- Must apply to pursue a full-time residential degree
Postgraduate Studies Conditions
- Below 40 years of age
- Must have a First Class or a Second Class (Upper) honours degree, or where there is a point system, a minimum CGPA of 3.5, or its equivalent. For those applying for a doctoral degree with a research Masters degree, they must show an excellent report for their thesis. In the event that formal qualification has yet to be conferred, applicants must show evidence of excellent performance throughout their studies.
- Must apply to pursue any one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- Research leading to the PhD degree
- Two-year MSc and M. Litt.
- One-year postgraduate courses (e.g MPhil, LLM, MBA etc)
The scholarship will cover for the full duration of the course of study, and provides for tuition fees, monthly living expenses, return air passage and other provisions, such as book allowance, establishment and end of study allowances.
Scholars of the programme will undergo an enriching personal journey, and will also be part of a cadre of future leaders that will be groomed to eventually lead Malaysia’s government-linked companies (GLCs). It is a career-long journey that offers Malaysia’s top talents an opportunity to realise their full potential in the transformation of Malaysia’s GLCs into globally competitive corporations.
- All application must be made online at
- Only applicants who are short-listed will be notified.
- Applicant will receive 2 emails after you have created and submitted your online application; Email on the user id and password as well as email to notify the system has received your application.
- Only online submission of application forms will be entertained. If you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please call 03-2034 0169, 03-2034 0157 or 03-2034 4783.
- The closing date for Khazanah Cambridge Scholarship Programme application is 1 April 2012.
- If applicant did not receive any information by 11 April 2012, please consider your application is unsuccessful.
|1 April 2012||Closing Date|
|11 – 12 April 2012||1st stage : Reasoning Ability Test|
|23 – 26 April 2012||2nd : Competency Assessment & Interview|
|8 May 2012||3rd : Interview with Senior Management for Undergraduate|
|9 May 2012||3rd : Interview with Senior Management for Postgraduate|
|15 May 2012||Final stage : Interview with Board of Trustees|
- Please refer to Khazanah Nasional Scholarship Programme for more details about the scholarship.
- For inquiries please call 03 2034 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org