The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship provides financial sponsorship to Malaysians who plan to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge.
The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship, established in 2009, is jointly sponsored by Yayasan Khazanah, the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust and the Malaysian Commonwealth Studies Centre.
The Khazanah-Cambridge Scholarship is a part of leadership development programme that is aimed at building Malaysia’s future leadership talent. Recipients of this scholarship are expected to not only demonstrate academic excellence, but also develop their leadership skills through training and participation in a number of activities.
Scholars of the programme will undergo an enriching personal journey, and will also be part of a cadre of future leaders that will be groomed to eventually lead Malaysia’s government-linked companies (GLCs). It is a career-long journey that offers Malaysia’s top talents an opportunity to realize their full potential in the transformation of Malaysia’s GLCs into globally competitive corporations.
The scholarship will cover for the full duration of the course of study, and provides for tuition fees, monthly living expenses, return air passage and other provisions, such as a book allowance, establishment- and end-of-study allowances.
- Citizens of Malaysia
- Strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities
- Will be applying to, or have already secured a conditional or unconditional offer to admission into the University of Cambridge
- Age not exceeding 21 years on 1st January 2010
- Must have an excellent academic track record throughout pre-university studies
- Obtained a minimum of 3A’s & 1B for STPM or GCE A-Levels or a minimum CGPA 3.50/4.00 for Pre-University or Foundation or Matriculation Programme
- Must apply to pursue a full-time residential degree
- Age not exceeding 35 years on 1st January 2010
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum CGPA 3.50/4.00 or a Second Class Upper or ‘A’ grade average or equivalent.
- Age not exceeding 40 years on 1st January 2010
- Obtained a Master Degree with a distinction of CGPA 3.50/4.00 or ‘A’ grade average and/or excellent examiners’ report if the Master Degree is by research
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum CGPA 3.50/4.00 or a Second Class Upper or a ‘A’ grade average or equivalent.
- Show an excellent report for the thesis; where a formal qualification is not yet conferred, applicants must show evidence of excellent performance throughout their studies
Khazanah Cambridge Scholarship Programme is only for the following disciplines;
- Actuarial Science
- Molecular Biology
- Food Technology
- Material Sciences
The recipients of the Khazanah Cambridge Scholarship will study at University of Cambridge.
- All application must be made online at Khazanah Cambridge Scholarship Programme Application
- Only applicants who are short-listed will be notified
- The closing date for Khazanah Cambridge Scholarship Programme application is 28 March 2010
- Please refer to Khazanah Nasional Scholarship Programme for more details about the scholarship.
- For inquiries please call 03 2727 6850 or 03 2727 6851 or email email@example.com