American Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) and the Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) are pleased to announce the competition for the AMCHAM-MACEE 2009 Scholarship. AMCHAM created a scholarship endowment program in 1998 to benefit deserving Malaysian students seeking to pursue their undergraduate studies in the United States.
The AMCHAM-MACEE 2009 Scholarship annually awards a US$20,000 scholarship, covering four years of undergraduate study in the United States ($5000.00/year renewable for four years subject to meeting the specified conditions). The scholarship is open to qualified Malaysian students who are accepted to an accredited university in the United States for four years of study culminating in a Bachelors degree. The student must be accepted for Fall semester, 2009.
- Malaysian Students who have completed SPM, O Levels, STPM or A Levels.
- Secondary school results must be translated into English and submitted with the application.
- TOEFL and SAT scores must be submitted, IF they are required by the U.S. university to which the student is applying to.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Certified copy of IC or Malaysian Passport.
- Prior acceptance into U.S. university/college.
- Certified copy of acceptance letter or certified copy of I-20 from U.S. university/college.
Nature of Scholarship
The AMCHAM-MACEE Scholarship will provide AMCHAM funding to qualified Malaysian student who has been admitted into a U.S. university for the Fall 2009 semester. The student must be a freshman applicant who has never attended a college or university. Selection will be based upon academic merit and demonstrated financial need. The scholarship is a one year partial award renewable depending upon grades.
Submit completed application in 15 in. x 10 in. envelope. Do not send original documents. Only certified true copies accepted.
- A completed application with updated financial statement.
- Secondary school records, including all mark sheets, grade reports and leaving certificates translated in English and certified.
- TOEFL and SAT scores, IF the scores are required by your US University.
- Arrange for completion of one reference form from a teacher and one reference form from a religious or community leader.
- A certified copy of your IC or Malaysian Passport.
- A copy of acceptance letter and I-20 from US university.
- Application deadline is May 30, 2009 at 4:30pm.
- Submit applications by mail or hand-deliver to MACEE.
Application Instruction And Form
You can DOWNLOAD the application form (MS Word format) by clicking the link below.
Need More Information?
Contact MACEE for more information on this scholarship:
AMCHAM-MACEE Scholarship Program
18th Floor, Menara Yaysan Tun Razak,
200, Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: 03-2166 8878
Fax: 03-2166 1878