The UEM Scholarship is an efforts by UEM that supports the nation’s objectives of creating elite scholars and serves as a talent supply chain in developing future leaders for the country.
The scholarship offers opportunities specifically for deserving outstanding and high-achieving Malaysians to pursue Pre-university studies at UEM premier A-Level college, Kolej Yayasan UEM and Undergraduate studies at selected leading universities overseas.
In nurturing UEM scholars, leadership training & development activities and job attachments within the UEM Group of Companies are provided throughout the programme and within the bonded period.
UEM Overseas Scholarships
Undergo a pre-university programme at Kolej Yayasan UEM (KYUEM) at Lembah Beringin, after which proceed to study at a reputable university overseas, notably UK, US and Australia. The scholarship covers academic expenses including tuition and examination fees, air-fares (for overseas study), insurance, as well as allowances for books, computer and subsistence.
Field of Study
The scholarships are available for any of the disciplines below:
- Business (Finance / Business Management / Accounting)
- Built Environment (Quantity Surveying / Town Planning / Land Surveying / Building Services / Building Management)
- Engineering (Civil / Mechanical)
- Arts & Social Science Study (Corporate Communications & International Relations / Psychology / Sociology)
*All courses are subject to trustees approval in the year of offering
- Form Five students in 2011.
- Excellent academic track record in Form 4 & 5, with no less than 7 A+/A in relevant subjects in the SPM examinations.
- All applicants must be Malaysian citizens.
- Proficient in English, hardworking, and possess positive personality traits. Having an outstanding extra-curricular record will be advantageous to your application.
Terms and Conditions
- The applicant must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- The applicant must not be bonded to other institutions or organizations.
- The successful applicant shall not accept any other scholarships or forms of financial aid from other sources whatsoever while his/her agreement with UEM Group is still in force.
- The successful applicants are subject to (i) the terms and conditions stated in the scholarship and bond agreement, which the successful applicants and respective guarantors are required to enter with UEM Group; and (ii) pass a medical examination at any one of UEM’s panel clinics/hospitals.
- Each applicant is responsible for all cost incurred in the course of applying for the UEM Group Scholarships.
- UEM Group shall not be responsible or liable for any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by the applicant(s) due to any delay and/or failure in submitting his/her application online as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the applicants internet service provider and/or by UEM Group.
- All decisions of UEM Group in any matter in relations to the UEM Group Scholarships shall be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained.
- A scholar will need to serve a 5 year-bond for overseas scholarship, 3 year-bond for local university scholarship.
- Application must be made online at UEM Scholarship Application.
- The applicants must complete all details requested by UEM Group as stated on UEM’s website and submit the same online on the respective closing dates as detailed on the website. Only applications submitted online shall be accepted.
- After click the “Submit” button, applicant will receive an Application ID to confirm the submission. Please remember the application ID for your reference.
- Only short-listed applicants will be notified by telephone call for an interview.
- The short-listed applicants must bring his/her original certificates during the interview.
- All application form already submit online must be printed by the applicant and must be acknowledged legally by Group A Government Servant or commended by ADUN/ JKKK Head/ Ketua Kampung.
- The closing dates for UEM Overseas Scholarship application is 3 April 2012.
- Applicant may check their application status two weeks after the closing dates by clicking at ‘Review’ button at the online application web site.
- Please refer UEM Scholarship Programme and UEM Groups websites for more details information.
- Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +603 2727 6850 / 6851/ 6847 or proceed to UEM Groups website.